Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Marinating

The marinade made great cooking. The only thing I might do different in the future would be to use orange juice instead of the lemon juice. You could really taste the lemon flavor and while Abi, Aaron and I liked it, Charlcie was a little less enthusiastic.
Well it's Easter Week and resurrection Sunday is coming and I've been thinking about it allot, or meditating on the resurrection. It struck me how similar meditating and marinating are. I know that sounds silly but here me out here will ya.
When I took the first bite of the sirloin steak I was palatively surprised at the wonderful cooked flavor. I don't even know if palatively is a real word, but my taste buds were delighted with the cooking. The marinade had seeped into the meat, tenderized it and changed its flavor. Isn't this what we want to happen when we meditate. We want the word to seep into our lives, tenderize our hearts and change our lives.

No comments: