Saturday, March 15, 2008

Keep It Simple Week For Easter

This is Easter week, or as I prefer to call it Resurrection week. It's one of my favorite times of the year, but it's also a busy time. So when it comes to cooking I plan to keep it simple.

It's Saturday and I'm rummaging through the refrigerator to see what we have and what we need for the week. We have ground beef, top sirloin steak, chicken breasts but no fish. We also have a spiral ham I think I'll get out later in the week for the weekend. On yeah, I just remembered my brother and his family are coming over Monday and we're going to cook chicken.

I think I'll cook some kind of a stroganoff for Tuesday with the sirloin steak and get some Talapia for Wednesday. We'll have left overs on Thursday and since we don't have small group this week I thought I'd cook the spiral ham so we'll have it through the weekend.

We have Good Friday service at 6PM and we can have the ham and use it for breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday. We'll probably have our Phifer burgers on Saturday night so that should about take care of the week. Now I just need to make a grocery list so we have all the ingredients we need to make this stuff.

First, I better call my brother and see what we need for cooking the chicken on Monday. My brother and sister-in-law are both great cooks so I'll let you know what we come up with.

No comments: