Monday, March 17, 2008

Marinated Top Sirloin Steak

I have a mistake to correct from Saturday. My brother's family isn't coming until tomorrow so I'm going to make something for tonight with the top sirloin. A week or so back we got it for about half price as a special at the store.
We decided we didn't want Stroganoff so I found a recipe for a marinade. I didn't have everything exactly so I made do with what I had. Here's what I whisked up.
2.4 lbs of top sirloin steaks
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup sherry wine
1/4 cup white wine Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (I had a half of a lemon I needed to use up)
4 garlic cloves,minced
2 teaspoons Splenda mix sugar
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
1/2 teaspoon oregano
Pierce steaks with a fork a few times and place in a large plastic baggie.
In a small bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients for the marinade. Pour this over steak meat. Seal and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours; turning every few hours if you remember. Grill over med-high heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.
I'll let you know next time how it turns out.

No comments: