Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Success How Good It Is, Cooking That Is!

Sunday was a great day. The worship service was great and so was the spaghetti dinner for the garage sale team after the service. We didn't have any leftover but I was sure glad I added the leftovers from cooking earlier in the week or we wouldn't have had enough.
It really is a good feeling when things turn out. The sauce was hearty, tasty and delicious. I was challenged though, by a great salad that Barbara Smith made. This salad was colorful and crisp, with a wide variety of fresh vegetables. Then Barbara made a rice pudding with brown rice for dessert that was delicious and healthy. It was hard sharing the compliments - not!
Really though, I'm a little insecure about my cooking and I need all the positive feed back I can get (can you hear the violins playing in the background). You'd think at age 55 I'd be past all that but I'm not (am I getting any sympathy yet). I'm being a little silly but not totally so keep up the encouragement.
Last night I made some oven fried eggplant and it turned out great. Believe me, if my 2 kids like something that has to do with a vegetable then I'm doing good. They both loved it and it was so simple. This was the first time I made it and I didn't know how it would turn out. I may have cheated a little because after I baked it I had some hot grease and I quickly fried it to keep it from being so dry. You gotta watch that though, because they can brown really fast. We also had pan fried fish and coleslaw.

No comments: