Monday, April 7, 2008

Sausage And Sauerkraut

Something I haven't cooked in a long time and I really like is sausage and sauerkraut. It's so simple. I quartered an onion, chopped up 4 or 5 carrots and put a 32 oz bag of sauerkraut in a pan and turned the stove on high. I think Vlasic makes a good sauerkraut. I use the jar or the kind that comes in a plastic bag. Then I mix it up. While this was heating up, I chopped up 2, 14 oz bags of Chappell Hill Pork and Deer Sausage. Man oh man is this stuff good. I don't know if you can get it anywhere but southeast Texas, but if you can ,you outta try it.


Place the sausage in the pan and mix it up. Then I turn it down to low and let it cook for 4-5 hours. It's best to stir it every so often. You don't have to wait this long to eat it, but it tastes a whole lot better if you do. Most of the liquid will boil out and the flavor and taste will be awesome. Add this one to the cookbook.


This is another recipe I got from my sister-in-law Gen. In the past I spelled her name Gin, not thinking. That's what you get for being in a hurry and not paying attention to important things. The important thing here though, is this is good cooking and eating.

No comments: